Home Rule Stories
The League of Cities encourage municipalities to prepare personal home rule stories for the League’s website. The League will act as a clearinghouse for those stories, which can be used in legislative advocacy by all League Members, and also in engaging with residents and the business community. Email your stories to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Home Rule Editorials
- Town of Palm Beach Mayor, Gail Coniglio spoke to the Palm Beach Post of the reason why Home Rule is so important. Click here to view the article. Mayor Coniglio also spoke with the Palm Beach Daily News on why Legislature shouldn't restrict home rule. (click to read that article)
- The Palm Beach Post Editorial Board wrote an opinion regarding the assault home rule. Click Here to view the editorial.
- Click here to read Councilmember Robert Weinroth's editorial in the January edition of the Boca Best Magazine.
- Mayor Dan Comerford from the Town of Jupiter Inlet Colony discussed "What is Home Rule? and Why Should You Care." in the January 2018 Inlet Outlet. Click here to view the article.
- "Palm Beach County Municipal Leaders Lobby for Cities in Tallahassee" by Kenya Woodard of the Palm Beach Post article
Home Rule Talking Points
The Mayor of Wellington, Anne Gerwig, shared with the League several issues of importance that Wellington is facing due to the attack on home rule. Click here to view their concerns.
Home Rule Videos
The Treasure Coast League of Cities produced a video as to why Home Rule is important. Click here to see their message.